Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - Jase
Hello Again,

Quick update on other threads first for those who remember..

"RIP Panda..." Fiat UK are sending my £500 deposit back, following the demise of the dealer. I am test driving a Yaris D4D at the weekend. Looking forward to that.

However, on our company car sales board a gold Primera 2.2 diesel SE has come up. Its got 76,000miles and they want £4416 for it. Seems pretty cheap. It is an '03 reg (HJ03 XWU). I've got a couple of questions..

1) Anyone got a 2.2D Primera. are they OK?
2) Is it a chain cam engine?
3) Given the reg. Is there any way I can tell whether its the 136BHP/236lbft or 126BHP/209lbft engine? Local Nissan garage are trying to work it out for me!

Thanks (again) everyone. Really appreciate the advice I've received over the last week or so
Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - jase1
If it's 03 I think it'll probably be the Di rather than the dCi.

Both engines are chain cam, the Di is probably more reliable than the dCi which has had a few turbo problems.

Generally the car is a nice one. I nearly bought one myself. Very distinctive and good to drive.
Having looked at it, it needs a damn good valet (smoker) but all the buttons seem to work. Everything is controlled via a colour screen and joystick effort. Aircon, CD multichanger, all the usual stuff. There is a "Map" button on the dashboard, but this doesn't seemt to do anything. Maybe the birds-eye sat nat isn't on this model.

The Nissan garage have got back to me and tell me its the 100KW model. What does that equate to in BHP!!

Any comments on price...

Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - mrmender
100Kw approx = 133Hp
Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - johnsnc
134bhp according to www.dyno-plot.co.uk/dyno/calculators.htm

Think that means it's the more powerful DCi engine then (i.e. the 136BHP/236lbft engine).

Am driving it Monday morning!
Anyone got any MPG experience with these.
Couple of Parkers reviews are not too positive?

Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - cheddar
100kw, 134 bhp, 136ps the latter being what Nissan quote.
So do we think is it the 138bhp/232lbft engine then? rather than the 126/209 engine. Or is there a third 134/xxx engine. HJ and Parkers seem to be in conflict. Perhaps I should shut up.

Is £4418 for a 1 owner fNsh 75k Mar '03 Primera 2.2D(c?)i 6-speed SE estate a no brainer? Or should I ignore it because the tales of poor economy seem common!

Promise I'll come up with something more interesting soon.

Any Primera (estate) 2.2D owners out there..
Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - cheddar
136 / 138, either way Nissan will quote PS not bhp, sounds like it is the more powerfull engine.
Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - scott1s
I have the hatch rather than the estate and tbh love it. Economy in town is nothing to write home about (mine is in the high 30's) but on a run mid fifies is feasible. Goes like stink too. Go for it - but try to get the price down a touch to cover the valet. It;s a good and very under rated car.
Thanks for that. Gives me a bit more confidence that I can achieve reasonable MPG. My commute is all dual carriageway Bournemouth to Southampton. I was hoping I might be able to average @45MPG. Reckon this is achievable then?

Full inside and outside valet is £60 - £75 around here. Don't think my firm negotiate though. You either pay the price or you don't have it! I'll ask anyway when I drive it! It definitely needs it.
Taken the plunge!

Car drove fine. Really good on the motorway. Its had a major service at 72k (now on 75k) and clutch just before that. Booked for full valet on Friday. £50 inside and out! Came to the conclusion that £4400 was too good an offer to miss and we'll need a family size car with the baby due in March.

Thanks for the replies again people.
Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - Adam {P}
Good luck with both the car and the kid.
Nissan Primera 2.2D Estate - info? - scott1s
Well done. Told you its a good car.
One other thing to get done on it - there is a recall on the ECU of dCi Primeras and yours should be one of the affected ones. Even though it is out of warranty you should still be able to get it done - go to you local dealer shop and run the VIN through the system. Worth getting done as it prolongs the life of the turbo, and in my experience frees up a few extra horses too.
Enjoy one of the most under-rated cars on the market today. Keep the oil clean and it will go on forever and a day. Sign up on www.nissanprimera.net for halp hints and tips too.