Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 3-Door 1.9 CDTi Design - Buy A Vauxhall Astra - wustersauce

While looking on the web last week I came across a car a local dealership in Worcester that I wished to look at. I met the salesman and he told me that the car was for sale for £5495 but it was not there and could be brought for me to veiw it as it was at one of the other dealerships within the group. I said to the salesman I would like to view the car on Saturday at 10am. The next day the sales man phoned me up to ask if I was still coming to view the car and I said yes and he said he would be going to fetch to car.

Within five minutes he rang back and said the car had been sold, but there was other cars on the forcourt for me to view. I declined his offer.

Well the weekend came and went and I well looking for Astra cars again on the net . To my suprize the same Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 3-Door 1.9 CDTi Design (57 plate) , with the same registration number was for sale at car sales but now forsale for £6,995. The dealer was part of the same group of dealerships . Strange how one dealer was selling the same car for £5495 and now the other dealer is selling the same car for £6,995.

Monday morning the phone rang and the salesman informed me that the car was forsale again and I replied was it forsale for £5495 and he replied he would have to check this and would phone me back later . Ten minutes later he rang and said sorry but the car is at the other dealership and is forsale for £6,995 and was on their stocklist for this amount.

Having had three new cars from this dealership and 10yrs of servicing I am totally disgusted how I have been treated .

Not naming names who the dealership is but on their website it states :One of the Midlands largest independently owned, family run car Dealer Groups.

And they sell Nissan, Renault, Dacia, Peugeot, Suzuki, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Citroen .

Oh yes I forgot to say the original sales man said he could knock off £500 from the £6,995 if I wanted the car even though It was not part of his stock ....

Edited by wustersauce on 16/07/2013 at 18:50

Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 3-Door 1.9 CDTi Design - Buy A Vauxhall Astra - oldroverboy.

Call them and tell them you have posted on this website, and as a result of their behaviour they have lost a valued client. find out the name of the dealer principal, as he is the man in charge and tell him all your points and also goodbye!

Completely unacceptable!

Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 3-Door 1.9 CDTi Design - Buy A Vauxhall Astra - 72 dudes

Unacceptable but not an isolated incident.

The Vauxhall dealer round here puts big colourful ads in the local paper with cars which sound too cheap to be true. They are of course, as they don't actually exist when you go to see them, but they have a similar one for another £1000 or £1500 more.

The "other" car has just been sold or traded, naturally.

Tactics to generate leads and enquiries. Shame you didn't do a screen print of the car at £5495, then you'd have a chance at getting it at that price (assuming you still wanted to buy from these sharks)

Vauxhall Astra Hatchback 3-Door 1.9 CDTi Design - Buy A Vauxhall Astra - groaver

The local Trading Standards dept at your council might be interested too.