Quarter million pound Impreza? - badbusdriver

OK £240k isn't quite a quarter mill, and yes it is a 22B, but that asking price is still a bit of a shock!

C1705341

(carandclassic.com)

Makes the dearest Evo on there, a 2001 Tommi Makinen at £80k, seem like an absolute steal!

Quarter million pound Impreza? - davecooper

I can think of an awful lot of cars I would rather have for that money. Still, I am sure someone needs one for their private collection.

Quarter million pound Impreza? - Sofa Spud

On "Harry's Garage" he did an auction preview where there were 2 blue Imprezas for sale, one with a guide price of £50K - £60K and the other at £70K - £80K. OK, they didn't have gold wheels and that might knock a bit off the value. But even those prices seem high to me, but then since I've never had any desire to own an Impreza I might be missing something.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 22/05/2024 at 07:54

Quarter million pound Impreza? - Falkirk Bairn

About 10 years ago an unregistered Mitsubishi EVO FQ series (360?) and the Aberdeen Dealer wanted some £70,000.

I wonder if the current owner would want today.

FQ Series - what a wonder name tag FQ - F***ing Quick!

Quarter million pound Impreza? - daveyjp

A now retired colleague had a 2001 Impreza WRX STi which he used for a couple of years. He never modded it. The running costs were getting silly so he decided to keep it, store it and see what values did.

Its a few years since I saw him, but he still had it, used only over summer, still original and it was holding value, but it will never be silly money you see on the very rare models.

My local Subaru dealer has his own collection which are often in the showroom with very prominent 'not for sale' notices.

Well the Impreza in the link at the start is still for sale, but the price for it has been well and truly dwarfed by another one.

C1682078

This other Impreza is a Prodrive P25, one of twenty-five made, and has apparently covered 26 miles.

Price is a fiver short of £650k

Quarter million pound Impreza? - Engineer Andy

Well the Impreza in the link at the start is still for sale, but the price for it has been well and truly dwarfed by another one.

C1682078

This other Impreza is a Prodrive P25, one of twenty-five made, and has apparently covered 26 miles.

Just checked its MOT history, and looks like it doesn't add up in terms of its mileage history claim. Whilst (according to the MOT history on .gov) it has only done a few thousand miles over the last decade, before it's last MOT (2020) before the current one (in 2023), it had done a whopping 133,700 miles, and failed its MOT on five occasions.

Unless the historical info is wrong, I wouldn't want to pay £650k for that.

C1682078

Just checked its MOT history, and looks like it doesn't add up in terms of its mileage history claim. Whilst (according to the MOT history on .gov) it has only done a few thousand miles over the last decade, before it's last MOT (2020) before the current one (in 2023), it had done a whopping 133,700 miles, and failed its MOT on five occasions.

I didn't actually read the advert fully when I posted the link, couldn't get past that price!.

Have done so now and it appears to be completely rebuilt from the ground up by Prodrive using all the best parts. Presumably the reg number is from the car used as a base to build it from, but essentially it is a "new car".

Even if I had the money, there is no way under any circumstances that I'd drop £650k on an Impreza (though I do like them).

Quarter million pound Impreza? - Engineer Andy

C1682078

I didn't actually read the advert fully when I posted the link, couldn't get past that price!.

Have done so now and it appears to be completely rebuilt from the ground up by Prodrive using all the best parts. Presumably the reg number is from the car used as a base to build it from, but essentially it is a "new car".

Even if I had the money, there is no way under any circumstances that I'd drop £650k on an Impreza (though I do like them).

Complete rebuild eh? I'm getting a Two Ronnies broom handles joke vibe. Not impugning Prodrive's abilities here - I'm sure they've done a great job, but if it that different, then it's not really an original, more like a 'replica' (like those 'modern' E-Type Jags made by some outfit and costing a similar amount to have built for you) and certainly (as you say) not worth the huge asking price.